donderdag 24 juli 2014

Chocolate Muffin








Yesterday it was my uncle's birthday, and I’ve been told he loves chocolate muffins, so I thought I bake him a couple. Because I loved the other recipe so much I customized it to a chocolate muffin recipe, basically the basics are just the same as the blueberry one.

I have to tell you I’m not a massive chocolate lover (I know, weird), but even I liked this muffin.


Preparation time: 30 min

Cooking time: 15-25 min

Serves: 12-13 muffins

Oven at 200° C/400 F



Ingredients:
-200g plain flour (1 & 2/3 cups)
-150g caster sugar (1 & 1/2 cups)
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-75ml vegetable oil or just sunflower oil (1/3 cup)
-1 egg (or two small ones, like I did, our chickens don’t do big eggs)
-75ml milk (1/3 cup)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 small bag vanilla sugar
- Pure chocolate bar (add as much as you like)




Put all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then mix these with a metal spoon. Now you can add the vegetable/sunflower oil, egg, milk and mix until you get a smooth consistency. Now you can get to be aggressive with the chocolate bar and “stab” the chocolate into small chunks and add and mix those pieces into the mixture.


The only things you're left to do are to divide the mixture between the muffin tins and wait for them to get ready in the oven. They should be ready in around 15 to 25 min (depends on your oven). You can check if they're ready by sticking a toothpick in one of the muffins and when nothing sticks to it they are done.


Before
and
After


I love the way they look so round when they come out of the oven, it’s ridiculous how excited I got when I first saw them coming out of the oven (oh the joy it gives me!).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten