vrijdag 23 mei 2014

Blueberry muffins

Last Wednesday I made these delicious muffins for my goodbye, to share with everyone out there. This is the first muffin I made and I stuck to this. These muffins will only last for 5 min in my home, because everyone loves them. Now is my goodbye not the only reason I am making them, I make them because I really crave a muffin and in my Day Zero Project I said I wanted to make 5 different muffins and this one will be the first of the 5.

Of course, it’s not my own recipe, I found this recipe when I was watching Jess D’Arcy, so if you would like to check her video here. So here is how you make them.

Preparation time: 30 min

Cooking time: 15-25 min

Serves: 12-13 muffins

Oven at 200° C/400 F

Ingredients:
-200g plain flour (1 & 2/3 cups)
-150g caster sugar (1 & 1/2 cups)
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-75ml vegetable oil or just sunflower oil (1/3 cup)
-1 egg
-75ml milk (1/3 cup)
-Zest of 1 lemon
-150g (ish) blueberries (1 cup+) (I used frozen blueberries and raspberries because those were all I had, but fresh blueberries are the best.)

Topping:
- 100g caster sugar (1 cup)
- 50g plain flour (just less than 1/2 cup)
- 50g butter, cubed (just less than 1/4 cup)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon


Put the flower, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl, then you mix this with a metal spoon. Now you can add the vegetable/sunflower oil, egg and the milk and mix until you get a smooth consistency. Now you may at the zest of 1 lemon for taste, I prefer it with because it ad’s just that slight kick. Mix the lemon zest to the mixture.


Of course we need blueberries for these blueberry muffins. Wash the blueberries and add this to the mixture, but be careful that you don’t squash them. Divide the mixture between the muffin tins
(half full).

Topping:

At the flower, sugar, butter and the cinnamon in a bowl. And mix this with either your own fingers or a fork until it’s rough and crummy (don’t be too perfect). You can sprinkle this over the mixture in the muffin tins.
Before

After

Now that everything is done, it’s time to put them in the oven and wait until they are ready. It will take about 15-25 min (depends on your oven). You can check if they're ready by sticking a toothpick in one of the muffins and when nothing sticks to it they are done.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten